“Just a tiny slither”, are the words all of us have muttered to ourselves when faced with a delectable enemy. For your diet you have done everything possible to rid yourself of temptation, practically emptied all of your cupboards.
However the office is a place beyond our control, and often temping and inviting goodies appear in the staffroom.
Whether it’s for a special occasion or simply a gesture of good will, that cake threatens all your hard work. So how do you resist it? Read our five tips on how to avoid the office cake and keep the weight off.
- Bake your own healthy alternatives and bring them into the office. There are countless recipes online for healthy muffins, flapjacks and all other sorts of treats which you could try. You could even bring enough to share with your co-workers, and arrange to take it in turns to bring in healthy goodies.
- Ensure your lunch, whether purchased from a cafe or brought in from home is large enough. It’s very easy to make your meals too small when you’re counting those pesky calories, however going hungry increases your cravings for sugary and fatty foods.
- An obvious one we know but possibly the most important, keep hydrated. Drinking plenty of water will instantly curb any feelings you may be mistaking for hunger.
- Fill your lunch break up with an activity to remove temptation completely, if you’re stuck for ideas on what to do read our article, Four things you can do during your lunch break.
- It’s easy to get carried away with losing the pounds you have loathed for so long, but it’s also important to occasionally indulge in your favourite treat. By depriving yourself of anything remotely sinfully sweet, will likely result in a binge which could possibly uproot your entire diet and progress.