Now more than ever, having a strong online presence can be the difference between sinking or swimming. With the lockdown in the UK looking like it may drag on further still, an ability to reach out to professionals online.
LinkedIn is a must for employees and business owners alike. Not only is it an effective networking tool, but it is an excellent way of staying engaged with what is going on in your industry. Here are just a few of the things you can use LinkedIn for:
- Finding work or being headhunted.
- Finding and connecting with potential customers or being found by customers.
- Keeping an eye on industry trends and news.
- Showing off your knowledge, expertise and skills to become a thought leader.
What Should You Do on LinkedIn This Week?
- Connections mean more than keywords on LinkedIn…aim for 500 meaningful relationships.
- Get active on your feed. The mere fact that you are reading this post means that you are probably an expert in your field, which means you have an opinion and a lot to say about your industry. Right?
- Be creative with your headline – it doesn’t have to be your job title! Instead, use that space to spotlight your specialities, personality, and anything else that might make you stand out from the rest of us.
- Use a decent profile picture and cover photo. Use apps like Canva to help you create one easily.
- LinkedIn is the place for sharing content that’s relevant to your followers (it’s all about them, not you). Think of it this way: What’s a topic that could come up at work and it would be perfectly fine for you to discuss with anyone from your boss to your intern?